Paleo Spiced Carrot Cake
The moist, slightly dense, spiced carrot cake with the creamy frosting in four amazing layers fulfills every cake, sweet, dessert craving a person has.
- .5 cup .5 cup .5 cup Coconut Flour
- 1.5 cup 1.5 cup 1.5 cup Tapioca Starch
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp ground Cinnamon
- 3 tsp 3 tsp 3 tsp ground Ginger
- 2 tsp 2 tsp 2 tsp ground Allspice
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Salt
- 2 pinch 2 pinch 2 pinch ground Cloves
- 2 tsp 2 tsp 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Salted Butter
- 8 whole 8 whole 8 whole Eggs
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup unsweetened Applesauce
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Coconut Sugar
- 2 tsp 2 tsp 2 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 4 cup 4 cup 4 cup Carrots, shredded
- 10 oz 10 oz 10 oz Goat Cheese
- 3 Tbsp 3 Tbsp 3 Tbsp Almond Milk
- .25 cup .25 cup .25 cup Unsalted Butter, softened
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Pure Maple Syrup
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare four round cake pans (or cook in two batches as I did).
- In a large bowl, mix together coconut flour, tapioca starch, cinnamon, ground ginger, allspice, salt, cloves, and baking powder. Mix well.
- In a separate bowl, add softened butter and coconut sugar. Mix with hand mixer to combine.
- Add in eggs, vanilla and applesauce. Mix again until combined.
- Add wet ingredients to dry and mix well until no lumps can be see with hand mixer.
- Fold in carrots.
- Separate into fourths or add 1/4 of batter to cake pan, repeating until you have four cakes.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until springy when touched. Cool and remove from pan.
- In a bowl add goat cheese and butter. Mix with hand mixer until combined.
- Add vanilla, honey and maple syrup mixing again.
- Add milk until desired consistency. Should be light and spreadable.
- Add 1 cake to cake plate or plate. Top with just enough frosting to cover. Add another layer and repeat until you get to the top of the cake adding more frosting to the top.
- Garnish with shredded coconut flakes and crushed walnuts or pecans.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week