Paleo Red Chili
This dish is a perfect fall chili. Its an easy hearty Paleo recipe with a small kick. Great as is or used as a dietary base with other ingredients added in as requirements allow.
- 7 Tbsp 7 Tbsp 7 Tbsp Olive Oil, Extra Virgin
- 3 lb 3 lb 3 lb Beef Roast, Top Round Roast, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 lb 1 lb 1 lb Ground Beef
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Salt
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Black Pepper, Freshly ground
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Cumin, ground
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Red Onion, finely diced
- 4 cloves 4 cloves 4 cloves Garlic, finely chopped
- .5 whole .5 whole .5 whole Habanero Peppers, Fresh, seeded and chopped
- .5 whole .5 whole .5 whole Jalapeño, seeded and chopped
- .5 whole .5 whole .5 whole Poblano Pepper, seeded and chopped
- .5 whole .5 whole .5 whole Ancho Chilies, Dried, hand crushed
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Chipotle Peppers in Adobo Sauce, add only 2 teaspoons of the adobo sauce
- .5 Tbsp .5 Tbsp .5 Tbsp Chili Powder, New Mexico Chilies, (or .5 dried New Mexican chili, crushed)
- 5 cups 5 cups 5 cups Chicken Stock, free range, organic
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Crushed Tomatoes
- 1 bunch 1 bunch 1 bunch Cilantro, dried
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Heat 2 Tablespoons of the Olive Oil in a 6 Quart pot over high heat.
- Sprinkle the Beef with salt and pepper and add one third of the meat to the pan. Saute until browned on all sides.
- Repeat twice with the other 1/3 oil and beef, draining excess liquid from the pan between batches.
- Return the meat to the pan sprinkle with cumin and stir well. Remove meat from pan and set aside.
- Add remaining 1 tablespoon oil to the pan, add onions and cook on medium until soft.
- Add the garlic and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the Habanero, Jalapeno, and poblano peppers and cook until soft about 5 minutes.
- Add the Ancho and Arbol Chilies.
- Add the 1 small chipotle pepper out of the 'chipotle in Adobo' sauce and 2 teaspoons of the sauce.
- Add the New Mexican chili and cook another 2 minutes.
- Add the Chicken Stock and Tomatoes, bring to a boil and cook until slightly thickened, 15-20 minutes.
- Add the contents of the pan (but not the set aside Beef) to a blender and puree.
- Add the puree and the Beef back into the pan, reduce heat to medium, cover and simmer until the chili is thick and the beef is tender about 1 hour 15 min.
- If the chili has too much liquid, continue to cook uncovered to thicken, about 15 more minutes.
- Top with Sour Cream (if allowed) and garnish with Fresh Cliantro.
Most of the Peppers and Chilies can be bought at a local grocery store in the Mexican Food aisle.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
About This RecipeCoconut Free Dairy Free Egg Free GAPS Meat Nut Free Shellfish Free Sugar Free Whole30
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week
There are no reviews yet.