Paleo Pumpkin Caramels
These chewy squares taste like pumpkin pie!
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Pumpkin Puree
- 0.33 cup 0.33 cup 0.33 cup Honey, Raw
- 0.5 cup 0.5 cup 0.5 cup Coconut Oil, Organic
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Primal Palate Pumpkin Pie Spice, optional
- 1/2 1/2 1/2 Vanilla Bean Pod, optional
- 1/2 cup 1/2 cup 1/2 cup Pumpkin Seeds, toasted, optional
- Salt, to taste, optional
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- In a small heavy-bottomed saucepan, simmer the pumpkin puree, honey, spices, and scraped vanilla bean seeds on medium-low heat for about 20 to 30 minutes or until very thick (about the consistency of mashed potatoes). Be sure to stir the mixture frequently as it cooks, particularly once it thickens as it can stick to the bottom of the pot.
- Once it has thickened considerably, remove from heat and add the coconut oil. Mix together until the coconut oil melts. Blend with a hand blender until smooth and thick. Line a 9 x 5 loaf pan with oiled parchment paper and spread the toasted pumpkin seeds at the bottom.
- Carefully spoon and spread the pumpkin caramel on top of the seeds. Refrigerate for at least an hour, then slice into squares. If you have trouble slicing them cleanly, place in the freezer for an additional 15 minutes before slicing. If you wish, sprinkle a little salt on top of the caramels. Store in the fridge until ready to eat.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week