Paleo Parisian Chocolate Mousse
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Semisweet Chocolate Chips, (dairy-free)
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Organic Coconut Oil
- 1 pinch 1 pinch 1 pinch Salt
- 0.25 tsp 0.25 tsp 0.25 tsp Decaffeinated Coffee, powder such as organic, instant coffee (expresso powder works well too)
- 2.5 cup 2.5 cup 2.5 cup Coconut Milk, the canned FULL FAT kind and chilled over night
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Coconut Sugar, (could also substitute organic palm sugar, maple sugar or maple syrup but may add a slight flavor)
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Raw Cacao Powder
- 0.25 cup 0.25 cup 0.25 cup Chia Seeds, ground (white or black)
- Melt chocolate on stovetop or in the microwave, until completely melted.
- Stir in the 1 T of coconut oil, coffee or espresso powder, and salt. Set to the side.
- In a stand mixer add the coconut milk, with the whisk attachment whip for 3 minutes. Add the sugar and vanilla. Whip for 1 more minute.
- Into the coconut milk add the melted chocolate, cocoa powder, and ground chia seeds. Mix for 1 minute and scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- Pour the entire mixture into your blender and blend on high, to ensure the chia seeds are thoroughly ground and not noticeable. Blend until smooth.
- Pour the mousse into ramekins, set out on a tray.
- Put the tray of filled ramekins into the fridge and let sit for at least 4 hours.
- Once chilled, dig in and enjoy! Or see notes for optional topping for a prettier presentation.
Optional topping: - 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips (dairy-free) - 1 tsp. coconut oil - edible gold stars Melt ½ cup of chocolate. Add in coconut oil. Stir. Pour melted chocolate into a piping bag or plastic baggie. Snip a small opening on the end. On to a lined tray pipe the outlines of circles. And use a spatula to fill in the middle with more chocolate. Make sure the layer of chocolate is thick enough that when you peel it off it will not break. Put in the freezer for 5 minutes to set. Once set, peel off and top each ramekin of mousse. Sprinkle with a few edible gold stars or sprinkles.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week