Paleo Orange Maple Holiday Cookies
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Coconut Flour
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Blanched Almond Flour
- 0.25 cup 0.25 cup 0.25 cup Potato Starch
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 0.25 tsp 0.25 tsp 0.25 tsp Sea Salt
- .25 tsp .25 tsp .25 tsp ground Cloves
- .25 tsp .25 tsp .25 tsp ground Nutmeg
- .25 tsp .25 tsp .25 tsp ground Cinnamon
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Ginger Root
- 0.25 cup 0.25 cup 0.25 cup Pure Maple Syrup, or xylitol to keep low sugar
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Pastured Eggs
- 0.25 cup 0.25 cup 0.25 cup Coconut Milk, or almond milk
- .5 cup .5 cup .5 cup Orange Juice, I actually used a sparkling orange water
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Organic Coconut Butter
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Orange Zest
- .5 tsp .5 tsp .5 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Coconut Buttercream Frosting (click for recipe), optional! See directions below or use my recipe in notes
- Combine all your dry ingredients and seasonings in a large bowl. Make sure they are finely mixed. In another bowl, whisk your egg and milk. Gently fold into the dry ingredients and beat on low, then stir in your sparkling drink , coconut butter, and maple syrup (or sugar if you are using it). All while beating on low or with mixer.
- The batter will be THICK but keep beat until all is mixed. Then add in your extract and mix again. Roll into a dough ball and place in wax paper in fridge for 2-4 hrs.
- Once that is set, roll out your dough with a floured rolling pan. Use cookie cutters to cut into 20 or so cookies. place on greased baking sheet and bake at 375F for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown.
- If you want them extra crispy, I would bake for 2-3 minutes longer. Remove and let the cookies cool.
Once cooled you have the option of using icing. I mixed a 1/4 cup coconut oil with 1/4 cup maple syrup, a little vanilla, and cinnamon. Coated each cookie with the mixture them sprinkled with extra orange peel or orange zest and vanilla whey powder. You can easily use powdered sugar instead or use the coconut cream icing recipe from Primal Palate! If you want these cookies to be more sweet, then use extra maple syrup and icing!
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week