Paleo Chestnut Crust Pizza
An easy to make pizza base using chestnut flour and tapioca flour and then covered in a delicious combination of garlic mushrooms and tomato sauce and topped with sliced tomatoes, olives and fresh rocket leaves. Simple and Delicious.
- 100 gram 100 gram 100 gram Chestnut Flour
- 50 gram 50 gram 50 gram Tapioca Starch
- 4 Tbsp 4 Tbsp 4 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Water
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Salt
- 100 gram 100 gram 100 gram Tomato Sauce, (passata)
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Tomato Paste
- 1 pinch 1 pinch 1 pinch dried Oregano
- 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp Sea Salt
- 6 whole 6 whole 6 whole white, raw Mushrooms
- 0.5 whole 0.5 whole 0.5 whole Onion
- 1 clove 1 clove 1 clove Garlic, chopped
- 1 bunch 1 bunch 1 bunch Flat Leaf Parsley, roughly chopped
- 50 gram 50 gram 50 gram Rocket
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Tomato, sliced
- 8 whole 8 whole 8 whole Black Olives, pitted
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Preheat the oven to 200C.
- Mix the tomato sauce, paste, 1 tbsp olive oil, sea salt and oregano in a pan and simmer rapidly for about 20 minutes.
- Combine 2 tbsp of the olive oil with the chestnut flour by rubbing lightly through your fingertips.
- Stir in just enough water to begin bringing it together; then finish using your hands.
- Pat the dough into a small flat round and cover with cling film.
- Place in the fridge for 30 minutes to make it easier to handle.
- Blitz the mushrooms, garlic, onion, 1 tbsp of olive oil and parsley to form very finely chopped mixture.
- Fry the mushroom mixture in hot olive oil, seasoning with a little salt. Stir until cooked through and then set aside to cool.
- Roll the dough out between two sheets of cling film.
- Transfer the dough to an pizza stone (or an oiled baking tray).
- Cook for 5 minutes then spread the sauce followed by the mushroom mixture.
- Cook for a further 5 or 10 minutes or until the base is cooked through.
- Remove from the oven, and top with rocket, slices of tomato and olives.
- Drizzle with oil, sprinkle with sea salt, slice and serve.
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week