Paleo Brisket Tacos
Slow cooked balsamic beef brisket is wrapped in leaves of fresh romaine lettuce and layered with a bunch of colorful fillings for a healthy, tasty, paleo taco night!
- 2 lb 2 lb 2 lb Beef Brisket
- 1.5 Tbsp 1.5 Tbsp 1.5 Tbsp Sea Salt
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Black Peppercorns, Ground Fresh
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Olive Oil, Extra Virgin
- 7 cloves 7 cloves 7 cloves Garlic
- 0.25 cup 0.25 cup 0.25 cup Balsamic Vinegar
- 4 sprigs 4 sprigs 4 sprigs Thyme, fresh
- 10 pieces 10 pieces 10 pieces Lettuce, Romaine, large leaves, trimmed to 10 inches long
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Red Cabbage, thinly sliced
- 10 Tbsp 10 Tbsp 10 Tbsp Plain Greek Yogurt, (or unsweetened whipped coconut cream)
- 0.333 cup 0.333 cup 0.333 cup Cilantro, chopped
- 2 whole 2 whole 2 whole Lime, cut into wedges
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Dry the brisket off on all sides with a few paper towels and season it generously with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- In a large cast-iron skillet, heat the olive oil over medium high heat. When the oil is hot, add the brisket to the pan and sear it for about 3 minutes on each side.
- Add the seared brisket, garlic cloves, balsamic vinegar, and thyme to a slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 6 hours.
- When the brisket is done, slice it thinly and allow it to cool for a little bit before using it in the tacos.
- To assemble the tacos, add a slice or two of brisket, some red cabbage, a tablespoon of plain Greek yogurt (or unsweetened whipped coconut cream), shredded cheese (optional), chopped cilantro, and a squeeze of lime juice in between the folds of a large leaf of romaine lettuce.
- Fold the lettuce over and enjoy!
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week