Orange Vanilla Crescent Cookies
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Cashew Flour
- 0.333 cup 0.333 cup 0.333 cup Coconut Flour, + 1 Tbsp.
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Tapioca Starch
- 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp Salt
- 0.25 tsp 0.25 tsp 0.25 tsp Baking Soda
- 3 Tbsp 3 Tbsp 3 Tbsp Raw Honey
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Organic [*Spectrum Brand, sustainably sourced] Palm Oil Shortening, (or coconut oil or grass-fed butter)
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract, + 1/4
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Egg
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Orange Zest, (about 1/2 an orange)
- 0.062 tsp 0.062 tsp 0.062 tsp Orange Essential Oil, (about 2 drops)
- 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp Organic Coconut Oil
- 0.5 cup 0.5 cup 0.5 cup Dark Chocolate Chips
- For the cookies: Preheat oven to 350. Line a baking tray with parchment or a silpat.
- In food processor, add all the dry ingredients and blend until finely combined.
- In a stand mixer or food processor, combine the egg, palm shortening, and honey. Mix on high speed, until combined. Add in vanilla extract.
- Add in half of the dry ingredients and orange zest, mix until combined. Scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl. Mix in the rest of dry ingredients, until thoroughly combined. Add in orange essential oil, and mix on medium speed. Scrape down sides.
- Form dough into a big ball. Take a small amount of dough, and roll into a small log. Place small log on lined baking tray, and form it into a "smile" shape. Repeat until all your dough is used up.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until slightly golden on the bottom. Let cool on pan for 5 minutes, before transferring to a wire rack.
- For the chocolate drizzle: Melt the chocolate on the stove top or microwave until thoroughly melted, stir in coconut oil.
- Place cookies back on a lined baking sheet, and one by one drizzle with chocolate. Place in freezer for 5 minutes to speed up the setting of chocolate. Enjoy!
- Palm shortening can be substituted with grass-fed butter or coconut oil. - Cashew flour can be subbed for almond flour, if tolerated.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week