Orange Scones and Cranberry Scones
- 2 cup 2 cup 2 cup Blanched Almond Flour
- 1/4 cup 1/4 cup 1/4 cup Arrowroot Flour, Plus 2 Tbsp
- 1/2 tsp 1/2 tsp 1/2 tsp Salt
- 2 tsp 2 tsp 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Maple Syrup, Pure
- 1/4 cup 1/4 cup 1/4 cup Coconut Oil, Organic
- 1 1 1 Egg
- 1 1 1 Orange, Zest
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, combine almond flour, a quarter cup of arrowroot flour, salt, and baking powder.
- In a smaller mixing bowl, combine maple syrup, melted coconut oil, and one egg. Blend with a hand mixer until smooth.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry, and blend until all ingredients are evenly combined.
- To make the orange scones, add the orange zest. To make the cranberry scones, add 1 cup of dried cranberries in place of the orange zest.
- Add two tablespoons of arrowroot flour to the batter to thicken the dough.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Form dough into a ball. Place the ball of dough on the parchment lined baking sheet and flatten slightly.
- Carefully cut the dough into eight equal wedges, and bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
If making Cranberry scones, add 1 cup dried cranberries in place of the orange zest.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week