One Skillet Chicken Thighs with Butternut Squash
We end up making this one skillet chicken thighs with butternut squash recipe at least once a week!
- .5 lb .5 lb .5 lb Bacon
- 6 whole 6 whole 6 whole Chicken Thigh, boneless skinless
- 2.5 cup 2.5 cup 2.5 cup Butternut Squash, cubed
- for fryingfor frying
- 1 bunch 1 bunch 1 bunch Sage, chopped
- remember, the bacon will be salty so use salt sparinglyremember, the bacon will be salty so use salt sparingly
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Preheat oven to 425.
- In a large skillet, over medium heat, fry bacon until crispy.
- Set bacon aside & crumble when cooled.
- In the same skillet, sauté cubed butternut squash in bacon grease until soft. Season to taste with salt & pepper. Once squash is soft, remove from skillet & place on a plate.
- Add coconut oil to your skillet if the bacon grease looks low.
- Add chicken thighs, top down in the skillet & cook for 10 minutes.
- Lightly season the thighs with salt & pepper.
- Flip the thighs over, then add your squash back into the skillet all around the thighs.
- Remove the skillet from the stove top & place in your preheated oven.
- Bake in oven for 12-15 minutes until chicken is cooked through.
- Carefully remove from oven, top with crumbled bacon & fresh sage.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week