Okra stir fry Indian style
A South Indian dish of okra/lady fingers/bhindi stir fry with spices.
- 300 gram 300 gram 300 gram Okra
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Mustard Seeds
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Onion, julienne cut
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Green Chilies, chopped
- 1 sprig 1 sprig 1 sprig Curry Leaves
- 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 0.25 tsp 0.25 tsp 0.25 tsp Chili Powder
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Lemon Juice
- 1 bunch 1 bunch 1 bunch Cilantro, to garnish
- 0.25 tsp 0.25 tsp 0.25 tsp Salt, as per taste
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Olive Oil, Extra Virgin
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Wash okra and dry it with paper towels. Trim the rough tops and skinny bottom tips off the okra pods, and cut the okra into small pieces.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add mustard seeds and when they start sizzle and urad dal/black lentils. Fry until lentils get brown in color.
- Add curry leaves, onion, and green chilli and stir fry until onion starts to change color.
- Bring okra into the pan, add turmeric powder, red chilli powder and salt to taste. Mix and let it cook for 20 minutes, on low-medium flame, until okra gets roasted.
- Garnish with fresh coriander/cilantro leaves and serve as a side dish.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
About This RecipeCoconut Free Dairy Free Egg Free Nut Free Pescetarian Shellfish Free Side Dishes Sugar Free Whole30
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week
There are no reviews yet.