This hearty lamb soup is the perfect comfort food on a chilly evening. The flavors of thyme, rosemary, and garlic will fill your home with wonderful warm smells as this soup cooks on the stove. After slow cooking for hours, the tender lamb will easily fall apart with each bite of this delicious stew.
- 1 head 1 head 1 head Garlic, roughly chopped
- 1 quart 1 quart 1 quart Beef Broth
- 2 sprigs 2 sprigs 2 sprigs Rosemary, fresh
- 2 tsp 2 tsp 2 tsp Coconut Oil, Organic
- 3 3 3 Leek, chopped, dark green tips discarded
- 3.5 lb 3.5 lb 3.5 lb Leg of Lamb, cut into chunks
- 3 sprigs 3 sprigs 3 sprigs Thyme, fresh
- 5 5 5 Carrots, chopped
- 5 5 5 Celery, stalks, chopped
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Salt
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Trim silver skin and excess fat from lamb leg.
- Cut into 1/2-inch cubes (bite sized), and set aside.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat with 1 teaspoon coconut oil, and sauté leeks and garlic for approximately 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add to a large soup pot.
- Brown lamb with 1 teaspoon of coconut oil in the skillet over medium heat.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste, then add to soup pot.
- Add herbs, carrots, celery, and broth to the soup pot.
- Season everything with a bit more salt and pepper.
- Bring the soup to a boil, then turn down to low to simmer.
- Cover soup and simmer for 4–6 hours.
The lamb will release juices when browning on the stove top. These juices will add great flavor to the soup. The addition of homemade bone broth is a great substitution for store-bought broth.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
About This RecipeDairy Free Egg Free GAPS Nightshade Free Nut Free Shellfish Free Soups Sugar Free Whole30
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week
This is an AMAZING Stew! I cooked it just last night and I can’t wait to have another serving. This recipie book beats all of my other recipie books and the surprising thng is that its all clean eating and healthy for you. Love it!!!!
We’re giving this a try today… Cold and rainy today, sounds like the perfect day for this stew!
I made this soup this past weekend – my husband the picky eater loved it! He’s already requested I make it again. 🙂