Mini Vegan Chai Cupcakes
These cupcakes are bite-sized perfection! They're moist, fluffy, and capture the essence of chai. The perfect treat for people with egg, dairy and grain allergies. Egg-free and grain-free cupcake recipes are hard to find, so be sure to try this one!
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Almond Meal/Flour
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Coconut Flour
- .5 tsp .5 tsp .5 tsp Baking Soda
- .25 tsp .25 tsp .25 tsp Sea Salt
- .25 tsp .25 tsp .25 tsp ground Ginger
- .25 tsp .25 tsp .25 tsp Cardamom Seed, ground
- .25 tsp .25 tsp .25 tsp ground Cinnamon, + 1 tsp
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Organic Coconut Oil
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Organic [*Spectrum Brand, sustainably sourced] Palm Oil Shortening, + 1 cup
- 4 whole 4 whole 4 whole Dates (Medjool), pitted
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Pure Maple Syrup
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- .5 cup .5 cup .5 cup Almond Milk
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Grain-free Powdered Sugar (click for recipe)
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- 1. Preheat the over to 350 degrees. Line mini muffin tins.
- 2. Combine the dry ingredients (almond flour, coconut flour, baking soda, salt, ginger, cardamom, and cinnamon) in a medium sized bowl.
- 3. In a food processor or with a hand mixer, blend the coconut oil, palm oil shortening, dates, maple syrup, vanilla extract and almond milk until fairly well combined. The mixture does not need to be completely smooth.
- 4. Slowly incorporate the dry ingredients with the wet until well combined (about 30 seconds of mixing).
- 5. Fill each tin with batter, about 3/4 of the way full. Place in oven and bake for 15 minutes. Muffins are done when a toothpick is inserted and comes out clean.
- 6. Allow the muffins to cool and begin preparing cinnamon buttercream.
- 7. In a medium bowl, slowly incorporate powdered sugar with the palm shortening. Once full mixed, add vanilla and cinnamon.
- 8. After the cupcakes have cooled for at least 20 minutes, fill a frosting bag with the dairy free butter cream and pipe onto cupcakes. You can also spread the buttercream on with a knife.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week