Mini Pecan Pies
Bite sized pecan pies that are perfect for your next party!
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Grain-Free Pie Crust (click for recipe), Add 2 Tbsp granulated stevia to the dough; do not prebake yet
- 8 whole 8 whole 8 whole Dates (Medjool), pits and stems discarded, softened in hot water if necessary and roughly chopped
- 2 whole 2 whole 2 whole Eggs
- .25 cup .25 cup .25 cup Butter, Unsalted, melted and cooled
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Molasses
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Maple Syrup, Pure
- 1 pinch 1 pinch 1 pinch Salt
- .5 tsp .5 tsp .5 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 0.75 tsp 0.75 tsp 0.75 tsp Cinnamon, ground
- .25 tsp .25 tsp .25 tsp Nutmeg, ground
- .75 cup .75 cup .75 cup Pecans, halves and pieces, plus more for garnish
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Liberally grease a 12-compartment cupcake pan. Divide your pie crust dough into 12 portions (about 2 1/2 Tablespoons per portion), roll into a ball and flatten into a disc. Press one disc into the bottom of one of the prepared compartments of the cupcake pan, then use your fingertips to work the dough halfway to 3/4 of the way up the sides of the compartment to form a little dough cup.
- Repeat with the remaining compartments, then transfer the pan to the fridge to chill for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Pre-bake the dough cups for 6 minutes, then remove from the oven and set aside. Keep the oven preheated to 350F.
- In the bowl of a food processor fitted with the "s" blade, puree the dates and eggs until the date pieces are finely chopped.
- Add the butter, molasses, maple syrup, salt, vanilla, cinnamon and nutmeg and process until combined.
- Scrape down the bottom and sides of the bowl (and under the blade, if necessary) to make sure everything is evenly incorporated.
- Add the pecans and pulse about 10 times to chop them finely.
- Divide the batter among the 12 prepared, pre-baked mini crusts. Top with a pecan half, or roughly chopped pecans, if desired.
- Bake for 28-30 minutes, until pies are domed and firm to the touch, and the crust is slightly golden around the edges.
- Remove from the oven and let the pies cool in the pan for 5-10 minutes. They will begin to pull away from the sides of the pan, which will make them easier to remove. When they're cool to the touch, gently remove them from the pan and transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
For a dairy free version, use coconut oil instead of butter. If you don't have maple syrup on hand, replace it with an additional Tablespoon of molasses. If you have trouble getting the pies to release from the pan, run a thin knife around the perimeter of each compartment of the pan to loosen them. Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week, or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
About This RecipeCupcakes & Muffins Nightshade Free Pescetarian Shellfish Free
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week
There are no reviews yet.