Midnight Chocolate Almond Butter Cookies
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Almond Butter, Creamy, unsalted, and unsweetened is best
- .75 cup .75 cup .75 cup Coconut Sugar
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 pinch 1 pinch 1 pinch Salt
- 2 whole 2 whole 2 whole Eggs
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Organic Coconut Oil, (Use only if your almond butter is not running enough to stir)
- .5 cup .5 cup .5 cup Organic Cocoa Powder
- ["Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Beat almond butter and sugar together on high until smooth. Add vanilla, salt, eggs, and oil (if using) and mix to combine. Add cocoa powder, and beat on medium speed until as smooth as possible. It will still be a little clumpy, but that\'s ok.
- Roll into heaping 1 Tablespoon balls, and squeeze gently to make sure the dough is firmly compressed. Place on a cookie sheet 1-2" apart Press gently with the bottom of a fork in one direction and then the opposite to flatten slightly and create the crosshatch pattern.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Cool on the cookie sheet for 10-15 minutes (they will firm up while cooling) before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days, or freeze for up to 3 months.
You may not need all 2 Tbsp of the coconut oil. If your almond butter is crumbly or dry, add the melted oil, about 1/2 Tbsp at a time, until the butter reaches a smooth consistency. You may substitute your favorite nut or seed butter for the almond butter if you prefer.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week