Merguez-Inspired Paleo Scotch Eggs.
Hard-boiled eggs are wrapped up in spicy harissa-studded ground lamb. Baked to perfection, these little guys are a great Paleo meal on-the-go.
- 1 lb 1 lb 1 lb Ground Lamb
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Harissa Paste
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Cumin
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Paprika, hot Spanish
- 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp Coriander, ground
- 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp Cinnamon, ground
- 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp Granulated Garlic
- 0.25 tsp 0.25 tsp 0.25 tsp Turmeric
- 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp Salt
- 5 5 5 Egg, hard boiled
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a baking sheet or broiler pan with foil (or a silpat) and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine by hand all ingredients except for the eggs. Divide the meat into 5 even portions.
- Lay a large piece of plastic wrap on your work surface. Roll the first portion of meat into a ball and then flatten it on top of the plastic wrap so that it is about 1/2" thick. Put the first egg in the center of the meat and then pick up the whole thing, including the plastic wrap. Using the plastic wrap, mold the meat around the egg so that it is completely and evenly covered.
- Place the Scotch egg onto the prepared pan. Continue prepping the remaining Scotch eggs and then bake them for 35-40 minutes, or until the meat is cooked through.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
About This RecipeBreakfast Coconut Free Dairy Free GAPS Nut Free Shellfish Free Sugar Free Whole30
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week
There are no reviews yet.