Matzo Ball Soup
This is a simple, delicious, and nourishing soup recipe. If you are gluten-free and celebrate passover, this is a great alternative to Matzo Ball Soup that uses wheat flour.
- 10 cups 10 cups 10 cups free range Chicken Broth
- 5 whole 5 whole 5 whole boneless skinless Chicken Thigh
- 5 cups 5 cups 5 cups Carrots, (5 large carrots), chopped
- 1 lb 1 lb 1 lb Celery, (1 whole heart), chopped
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp fresh Dill, chopped
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup 1/4 cup 1/4 cup Gluten-free (Yehuda brand) Matzo Mix, per instructions on package
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Once you have made your broth in the instant pot, strain it into a large soup pot.
- Add in the chicken thighs, chopped carrot, and chopped celery. Season with salt and pepper.
- Bring the soup to a boil over medium heat. Reduce the heat to low, and add in the fresh dill.
- Cover the soup, and allow to simmer until the vegetables are soft, and the chicken is tender and can be shredded.
- Prepare the matzo balls according to the instructions on the package. I prefer to cook the matzo balls in a separate pot of water, and add them to your bowl of soup on their own.
- When the chicken is able to be shredded after about an hour of simmering, remove the chicken, shred with a fork, and then add back to the soup pot.
- Once the matzo balls are cooked, and removed from the pot of water, and the chicken has been shredded, serve the soup adding one or two matzo balls to each bowl.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week