Lemon Pound Cake
This grain-free cake has the juice of 2 lemons baked into it, which gives it a flavor so bright, it tastes like sunshine!
- 2 cup 2 cup 2 cup Blanched Almond Flour
- .25 cup .25 cup .25 cup Coconut Flour
- 1 pinch 1 pinch 1 pinch Salt
- 1.5 tsp 1.5 tsp 1.5 tsp Baking Soda
- 3 whole 3 whole 3 whole Eggs
- 3 Tbsp 3 Tbsp 3 Tbsp Honey, Raw
- .5 cup .5 cup .5 cup Applesauce, unsweetened
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Coconut Oil, Organic, melted and slightly cooled
- .5 tsp .5 tsp .5 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- .5 cup .5 cup .5 cup Lemon Juice
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Lemon zest, tightly packed; approx. yield of 1 large lemon
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Coat a loaf pan with nonstick spray and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the dry ingredients (flours, salt, baking soda) with a whisk. Make sure to get rid of any lumps.
- In another bowl, combine the wet ingredients (eggs through zest). Pour the wet mixture into the dry and stir to combine.
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pan and smooth the top. Bake for about 40-45 minutes until top is golden and firm to the touch and a tester comes out clean.
- Cool for about 20 minutes in the pan before removing and cooling completely on a wire rack.
If you'd like to glaze this loaf, whisk together 1/4 cup + 2 Tablespoons lemon juice, 1 Tablespoon honey and 2 Tablespoons coconut flour until smooth. Pour over the top of the loaf and let it set before serving.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
About This RecipeCakes Dairy Free Nightshade Free Pescetarian Shellfish Free Specific Carbohydrate Diet
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week
Tried this for the first time, and it was delicious! really moist an lemony