Lemon & Coconut Slice
This slice is so delicious! Perfect for lunch boxes or afternoon tea snacks. Full of goodness, but it tastes so good that you wouldn't guess that it is actually healthy!
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Almonds
- 1.5 cup 1.5 cup 1.5 cup Dates (Medjool)
- 2 whole 2 whole 2 whole Lemon
- 1.5 cup 1.5 cup 1.5 cup Coconut, Shredded
- .5 tsp .5 tsp .5 tsp Salt
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- In your food processor, blitz one cup of almonds until they are fine like almond meal
- Finely grate the rind of the lemons & add to the almonds in the food processor
- Juice the lemons & use 2 or 3 tablespoons of lemon juice depending on how lemony you want your slice to taste
- Add the lemon juice & the dates to the food processor
- Blitz until the mixture is dough like. This may take a bit of time depending on the power of your food processor. You also may need to stop the food processor several times & scrape down the side
- Once the mixture is soft & dough like place in mixing bowl & add most the shredded coconut (leaving a little bit to sprinkle on the top of the slice) & the salt
- Mix the coconut & salt through the mixture
- Once mixed place in a slice tray that has been lined with baking paper
- Press the mixture into the slice tray & place in the fridge for 1 hour
- Cut into squares & enjoy!
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
About This RecipeDairy Free Egg Free GAPS Nightshade Free Other Pescetarian Shellfish Free Specific Carbohydrate Diet
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week
There are no reviews yet.