Lemon and Herb Roasted Chicken with Winter Root Veggies
Flavorful roasted chicken with very simple ingredients and seasonal veggies. Cooked all at once in one pan the chicken rests atop the roasting vegetables for an hour and a half and served after a brief rest under a tin foil tent. Moist, lemony, buttery goodness and best of all, easy to make!
- 6 lb 6 lb 6 lb Chicken, Whole
- 0.5 lb 0.5 lb 0.5 lb Carrots
- 1 lb 1 lb 1 lb Potatoes, Fingerling
- 1 head 1 head 1 head Garlic, Top removed
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Red Onion, Quartered, then halved
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Lemon, Halved
- 15 sprigs 15 sprigs 15 sprigs Thyme, fresh
- 5 sprigs 5 sprigs 5 sprigs Rosemary, fresh, 2 sprigs with leaves diced
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Butter, Unsalted, Melted
- 0.5 cup 0.5 cup 0.5 cup Salt, For seasoning
- 0.5 cup 0.5 cup 0.5 cup Black Pepper, For seasoning
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Olive Oil, Extra Virgin
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Remove giblets from chicken, rinse outside and inside. Pat dry.
- Fill the cavity with the lemons, garlic, rosemary and thyme.
- Brush the outside with butter and liberally season with salt and pepper and sprinkle
- Truss the chicken with butcher's twine.
- In a large mixing bowl, toss together onion, potatoes, and carrots with olive oil, salt, pepper, and another bunch of thyme and the rest of the rosemary. Spread on the bottom of a roasting pan and place the chicken on top.
- Roast for 1 to 1 1/2 hours, until juices from the chicken run clear and the center of the chicken reaches 170F on a meat thermometer.
- Remove from the oven, cover in foil, and let rest for 15 minutes. Carve the chicken and serve with the roasted vegetables.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week