Lemon and Coconut Bliss Bites
Buttery cashews are combined with sweet, chewy, magical medjool dates then infused with a hit of light, fresh, zesty lemon and encased in a subtly sweet, crisp and crunchy coconut coating.
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Cashews, raw, I use raw, unsalted
- 6 whole 6 whole 6 whole Dates (Medjool), pits removed
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Lemon zest, The zest from one whole lemon - approx 1 Tbsp
- 1 pinch 1 pinch 1 pinch Salt
- 0.25 cup 0.25 cup 0.25 cup Coconut, shredded
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- * Before you get started - If your dates are a little dry, I suggest you pop them into a small bowl or jug and pour over enough boiling water so they are completely submerged. Set aside for 5 minutes while you get your food processor out and gather up the rest of your ingredients and then when you're ready simply pour out the water and proceed with the recipe as normal.
- Place cashews in your food processor/blender and pulse until it resembles a fine crumb, you want there to still be a few bigger chunks to give the bites some nice texture
- Add dates, vanilla, lemon juice, zest and salt then process until the mixture starts to come together into a sticky "dough".
- Using your hands, roll approx 1 Tablespoon of dough into little bite size balls then set aside
- Place your coconut into a small plate or bowl (or even just a zip lock bag) then roll/toss your bliss bites through the coconut until they has a nice light, even coconut coating and set aside. Repeat until all bites are coated.
- Once your bites have their delicious little coconut coats on, transfer to an airtight container (or even just a ziplock bag) and store in the fridge
- Enjoy xo
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week