Layered Pumpkin Cheesecake Pecan Pie
Not one, but two classic desserts, combined into a delightful paleo dessert, suitable for your Thanksgiving table: a rich, warm pumpkin cheesecake, topped with a layer of pecan pie, all in a crumbly pecan cookie crust.
- 2.5 cups 2.5 cups 2.5 cups Pecans, 1 cup for crust, 1.5 cups of whole halves for the pecan pie topping
- 4 4 4 Dates (Medjool), pitted, for the crust
- 0.5 cup 0.5 cup 0.5 cup Flax Seed, Whole, (crust)
- 3/4 cup 3/4 cup 3/4 cup Maple Syrup, Pure, 1/4 cup for the cheesecake, 1/2 cup for the pie
- 4-6 Tbsp 4-6 Tbsp 4-6 Tbsp Butter, Salted, 2-4 Tbsp for crust, 2 Tbsp for pie
- 3 tsp 3 tsp 3 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract, 1 tsp for crust, 1 tsp for cheesecake, 1 tsp for pie
- 4 tsp 4 tsp 4 tsp Cinnamon, ground, 1 tsp for crust, 1 Tbsp for cheesecake
- 8 oz 8 oz 8 oz Cream Cheese, Full Fat, (pumpkin cheesecake)
- .75 cup .75 cup .75 cup Pumpkin Puree, (pumpkin cheesecake)
- .25 cup .25 cup .25 cup Honey, Raw, 1/4 cup for cheesecake, 1/4 cup for pie
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Arrowroot Powder, (pumpkin cheesecake)
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Primal Palate Pumpkin Pie Spice, (pumpkin cheesecake)
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Lemon Juice, (pumpkin cheesecake)
- 2 whole 2 whole 2 whole Eggs, Pastured, (pecan pie)
- .25 cup .25 cup .25 cup Maple Sugar, (pecan pie, can substitute coconut sugar)
- 1 pinch 1 pinch 1 pinch Salt, (pecan pie)
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Crust: Place flaxseeds in high powered blender or food processor and blend on high until the flaxseeds are ground well.
- Add the pecans and dates to the flaxseeds and pulse until you have a thick, smooth nut/seed butter. (Use a tamper if needed.)
- Scrape the pecan/flaxseed mixture into a medium sized mixing bowl and add 2 Tbsp butter, 1 tsp vanilla, and 1 tsp cinnamon, mixing well until it becomes a thick dough. Add more butter 1 Tbsp at a time if dough is too dry.
- Grease a 9" springform pan well with butter (or line with parchment paper if you'd like, which is particularly helpful on the sides).
- Press the crust evenly into the springform pan, going about an inch up on the sides. Set aside while you make the filling.
- Pumpkin cheesecake: Combine cream cheese, pumpkin puree, maple syrup, honey, cinnamon, arrowroot, pumpkin pie spice, vanilla and lemon juice in a bowl and mix well with a mixer or stick blender.
- Pour into the crust and cook for approximately 25 minutes.
- Remove from oven and, after cooling for a few minutes, place in refrigerator to cool an additional 10-20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the pecan pie layer:
- Pecan pie: Turn oven down to 350F.
- Place butter and coconut sugar in mixing bowl.
- Pour maple syrup into a small pot and bring to a boil, then pour into mixing bowl, covering the butter and coconut sugar, melting them.
- Add honey, vanilla, and salt and combine well with a hand or stand mixer.
- Gently pour on top of cooled pumpkin cheesecake. (If it begins to sink in instead of staying on top of the cheesecake, the cheesecake either did not cook long enough or did not cool long enough. Don't worry! By repeating a couple of steps, you can make it work! Pop it back in the oven for about 10 minutes, then cool again.)
- Top with pecan halves and place back in the oven.
- Bake for about 20 minutes.
- Remove and chill for 1-2 hours so that layers don't crumble when cut.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week