Jamaican Jerk Salmon
Classic Jamaican jerk spices bring new and exciting flavors to this salmon dish. Jamaican jerk seasoning often uses brown sugar to add sweet flavor to offset the spicy kick that it gives. To make this paleo, we omitted the sugar and just let the spices enhance this meal on their own.
- 1 lb 1 lb 1 lb Salmon Filet, Wild Caught, cut into 4–6 oz portions
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Cinnamon, ground
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Cumin
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Ginger, ground
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Onion Powder
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 1/4 tsp 1/4 tsp 1/4 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 1/4 tsp 1/4 tsp 1/4 tsp Thyme, dried
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Olive Oil, Extra Virgin
- 1 1/2 oz 1 1/2 oz 1 1/2 oz Lime Juice
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Allspice, ground
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Rinse salmon under water and pat dry with a paper towel.
- Cut salmon into 4–6 oz portions, and place in a 1-gallon ziplock bag.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together spices, olive oil, and lime juice.
- Pour marinade over salmon, seal bag, and make sure the salmon is evenly coated in the marinade.
- Marinate salmon for 2–4 hours prior to grilling.
- Preheat grill to 400°F.
- Place salmon on a fish plate, skin side down first, and grill for 4 minutes a side, flipping once.
- Serve over a bed of greens.
This Jamaican jerk seasoning would be fantastic over chicken and shrimp as well as the salmon.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
About This RecipeCoconut Free Dairy Free Egg Free GAPS Nut Free Pescetarian Seafood Shellfish Free Sugar Free Whole30
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week
LOVE LOVE this…Just enough kick and full of flavor! I did not want to take from the awesome flavor, so I served with the Cauliflower Salad with vegetables and mashed sweet potatoes.
This was the perfect meal and to top it off with Infamaous bacon cookies! YUM!!
Thank you, Bill and Haley for all you do for the Paleo community.
I substituted lemon juice for lime and fixed it on the stove top instead of the grill. It was amazing!! I am making this one as a favorite for sure! We had it with roasted asparagus and potatoes. Thank you!
Delicious! My new favorite salmon recipe!