Italian No-Pasta Salad
A grain-free take on the classic deli Italian Pasta Salad!
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp dried Basil
- .5 tsp .5 tsp .5 tsp dried Marjoram
- .25 tsp .25 tsp .25 tsp dried Sage
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp dried Oregano
- .25 tsp .25 tsp .25 tsp Garlic Powder
- .25 tsp .25 tsp .25 tsp Onion Powder
- .5 tsp .5 tsp .5 tsp Salt
- 0.125 tsp 0.125 tsp 0.125 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Lemon, juice
- .5 cup .5 cup .5 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tsp 2 tsp 2 tsp Pure Maple Syrup
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Balsamic Vinegar
- .25 tsp .25 tsp .25 tsp Red Pepper Flakes
- 3 whole 3 whole 3 whole Yellow Squash, medium size
- .5 whole .5 whole .5 whole Red Bell Pepper, diced
- .5 whole .5 whole .5 whole Yellow Bell Pepper, diced
- .5 whole .5 whole .5 whole Red Onion, small
- .75 cup .75 cup .75 cup Black Olives, or olives of your choice
- 2 oz 2 oz 2 oz Salami, Cut into .25 inch strips
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Combine the first 13 ingredients in a glass jar with lid. Cover and shake to combine.
- Refrigerate the dressing until ready to use.
- Place a large pot of water with 2 pinches of salt on the stove and bring to a boil.
- While the water is coming up to a boil, run the yellow squash through a spiralizer using the flat blade insert. With all the spiralized squash laid out on a cutting board, use a large knife to roughly cut into thirds. We\'re just looking to shorten the "noodles" some.
- Add the spiralized squash to the boiling water and cook for about 5 minutes, until tender.
- Transfer the squash to a colander and rinse with cold water. Remove as much water as you can from the squash. Leave the squash in the colander while you prepare the remaining ingredients.
- Add the squash, bell pepper, red onion, salami, and olives to a large bowl.
- Pour about half the dressing over the salad and toss the ingredients to combine. Add more dressing as desired.
Store the salad in the fridge until ready to serve.
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week