Instant Pot Pork Shoulder Carnitas
This is a very easy way to make pulled pork (carnitas) in your Instant Pot or pressure cooker. It really doesn't get any easier than this! Perfect for people that find planning ahead challenging.... like me! Top these with our Avocado Salsa or the toppings of your choice.
- 4 lb 4 lb 4 lb Pork Shoulder
- 2 cups 2 cups 2 cups free range, organic Chicken Stock
- 5 cloves 5 cloves 5 cloves Garlic
- 1/2 cup 1/2 cup 1/2 cup Onion, rough chopped
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Himalayan Pink Salt
- 1/4 tsp 1/4 tsp 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
- 8 whole 8 whole 8 whole Cassava Flour Tortillas (Siete), or other grain free tortillas, or large lettuce leaves
- 2 cups 2 cups 2 cups Iceburg Lettuce, shredded
- 2 cups 2 cups 2 cups Easy Avocado Salsa (click for recipe)
- Instant Pot
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Place the pork shoulder in the Instant Pot or pressure cooker.
- Add the chicken stock or water to the bottom of the pot.
- Add the garlic cloves and roughly chopped onion. Season the top of the pork shoulder with salt and pepper.
- Lock the lid and cook on high pressure for at least 45 minutes. Depending on the size of your shoulder, it might take more or less time. Cook until the pork shreds easily with a fork.
- To make the tacos: warm the cassava flour tortillas over medium heat until pliable. Add a layer of shredded iceberg lettuce, then the carnitas, and top with our Easy Avocado Salsa. Serve immediately!
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week