Instant Pot Chicken with 40 Cloves of Garlic (Whole30 recipe)
Chicken with 40 Cloves of Garlic is a classic recipe. Traditionally the method is to slow cook the chicken to perfection, along with a huge helping of garlic. But what if you don't want it to take 2 hours? Enter the Instant Pot: everyone's favorite new kitchen tool! In less than half the time, you can have this dish on the table and ready to eat!
- 4 lb 4 lb 4 lb Chicken, Whole, cut into pieces
- 1/2 tsp 1/2 tsp 1/2 tsp Himalayan Pink Salt
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Tin Star Cultured Ghee, or fat of your choosing
- 40 clove 40 clove 40 clove Garlic, about 2 heads of garlic
- 2 tsp 2 tsp 2 tsp Primal Palate Amore, or similar Italian Seasoning
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Chicken Stock, free range, organic
- 2 sprig 2 sprig 2 sprig Rosemary, fresh, optional garnish
- 2 sprig 2 sprig 2 sprig Thyme, fresh, optional garnish
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Cut the chicken into pieces (drumsticks, thighs, breasts, and wings). You can save the back and freeze it for making chicken stock at a later time.
- Season the pieces of chicken with pink Himalayan salt.
- Select the saute setting on your Instant pot, and allow it to come up to temperature. It will display "Hot" when ready.
- Add 1 Tbsp of ghee (or other compliant fat) to the pot, and swirl around. Add half of the chicken pieces, skin side down, and sear for 4 minutes. Flip, and sear on the other side for 4 minutes. Set this chicken aside, and repeat with the remaining chicken.
- Add the garlic cloves to the pot, and saute for 1-2 minutes, stirring frequently. Add the chicken back into the Instant Pot and season with some of the Primal Palate Amore (or other compliant Italian Seasoning). Layer on the rest of the chicken, and season it as well.
- Add 1 cup of chicken stock to the pot, then close the lid and set vent to seal. Select the poultry setting, and increase the time to 20 minutes.
- Once the timer has gone off, allow the Instant Pot to gradually depressurize about 10 minutes. Serve the chicken along with the soft cloves of garlic. You can garnish this dish with fresh rosemary and thyme.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week