Indian Kerala style stir fry cabbage with coconut
Stir fry cabbage with onions, mustard seeds, shredded coconut, spices and curry leaves. This is really good, dairy-free, paleo and a really easy to make dish. It goes well with Indian bread, rice, lentils or as side dish for grilled/roasted meat.
- 1 head 1 head 1 head Cabbage, finely shredded;
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Onion, chopped
- 2 whole 2 whole 2 whole Green Chilies, chopped
- 1 pinch 1 pinch 1 pinch Turmeric Powder
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Cumin Seed, Whole
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Mustard Seed, Black
- 1 sprig 1 sprig 1 sprig Curry Leaves
- 0.5 cup 0.5 cup 0.5 cup Coconut, shredded
- 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp Salt, as per taste
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Coconut Oil, Organic
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Finely chop cabbage and keep aside. Chop onion and green chilies and keep aside.
- Heat some coconut oil into a deep frying pan. Add mustard seeds and when they start popping, add cumin seeds. When they start sizzle, add onion and cook until translucent.
- Add green chilies and curry leaves and stir fry for 30 seconds. Add a pinch of turmeric powder, stir fry for another 10-20 seconds.
- Now add cabbage, mix and cover the pan. Simmer for 10 minutes, stirring from time to time, until cabbage is almost cooked. If necessary, sprinkle little water.
- Remove the cover and add fresh coconut. Sir fry for another 5 minutes. Serve warm as a side dish.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week