Hummingbird Muffins with Coconut Yogurt “Frosting”
Perfectly spiced, light and tender, melt in the mouth banana muffins that are packed with sweet, juicy pineapple pieces and finished with a tart and tangy coconut yogurt “frosting” - The perfect little treat for any time of day.
- 3 whole 3 whole 3 whole Eggs
- 2 whole 2 whole 2 whole Banana, preferably over-ripe
- 10 whole 10 whole 10 whole Pineapple, rings, dried - Optional for serving
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Maple Syrup, Pure
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Coconut Oil, Organic, melted and cooled
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Water, luke warm
- 0.25 cup 0.25 cup 0.25 cup Coconut Flour
- 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp Cinnamon, ground
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 pinch 1 pinch 1 pinch Salt
- 0.25 cup 0.25 cup 0.25 cup Coconut Milk Yogurt
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Preheat oven to 175C (350F) - Line a muffin tray with paper cases and set aside.
- Place eggs, banana, vanilla, maple syrup, coconut oil and water into your food processor or blender and process until well combined.
- Add your coconut flour, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and salt and process again until well combine.
- Add your chopped pineapple and stir to combine.
- Spoon the batter into your prepared muffin tray and bake for 10-12 minutes. When they are ready the tops will be deliciously golden and should be firm to the touch yet spring back a little when lightly pressed, a tooth pick should come out clean or have just a few crumbs attached when inserted into the center.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes in the muffin tray, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely - That is if you can resist inhaling the entire batch as you transfer each delicious little muffin from muffin tray to cooling rack that is. Note - this will be an extremely difficult task. You have been warned.
- To serve - Top with coconut yogurt, dried pineapple and coconut chips if desired - yum!
These muffins will keep well covered in the fridge for 2-3 days and freeze (un-frosted) for up to 3 months.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
About This RecipeCupcakes & Muffins Dairy Free FODMAP Free Nut Free Pescetarian Shellfish Free
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week
There are no reviews yet.