Hot Pepper Hummus
One of my favorite non-paleo blogs to visit is Not Without Salt. I love the food photography inspiration, and the name is just so catchy. If my mom were to start blogging, hers might be called Not Without Hummus. We love this versatile veggie dip too, though our version is made primarily from zucchini and not chick peas. You'll love it!
- 2 2 2 Zucchini
- 3/4 cup 3/4 cup 3/4 cup Tahini
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil, (for garnish)
- 1/2 cup 1/2 cup 1/2 cup Lemon Juice
- 2 cloves 2 cloves 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1/2 Tbsp 1/2 Tbsp 1/2 Tbsp Cumin
- 2 tsp 2 tsp 2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 cup 1/4 cup 1/4 cup Red Bell Pepper, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup 1/4 cup 1/4 cup Green Bell Peppers, finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp 1/4 tsp 1/4 tsp Red Pepper Flakes
- 1/2 tsp 1/2 tsp 1/2 tsp Salt and Pepper, to taste
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Pine Nuts
- Peel and chop zucchini.
- Place chopped zucchini in food processor, and pulse.
- Add in tahini, olive oil, and fresh lemon juice, and pulse again.
- Add garlic, cumin, and salt, and blend until smooth.
- Saute chopped peppers and red pepper flakes in olive oil until tender. Add salt and pepper.
- In a small sauce pan over low heat, lightly toast pine nuts.
- Garnish the hummus with the spicy peppers and pine nuts.
This hummus is best served with freshly cut vegetables, endive spears, jicama slices, or our herb crackers.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week