Healthy, Homemade Dark Chocolate Strawberry Coconut Butter Cups
All natural, quick and easy, deliciously indulgent, secretly healthy dark chocolate strawberry coconut butter cups; Fun to make. Fun to eat. Fun to share with the ones you love.
- 1.5 cup 1.5 cup 1.5 cup Coconut Flakes, unsweetened
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Strawberries, Freeze Dried
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Coconut Oil, Organic, melted and cooled
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Vanilla Extract, or 6-8 drops of vanilla cream stevia (I like sweet leaf stevia)
- 1 pinch 1 pinch 1 pinch Salt
- 0.5 cup 0.5 cup 0.5 cup Dark Chocolate Chips
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Melt chocolate by your preferred method. I like to do mine broiler style by placing my chocolate in a small bowl over a pot of simmering water.
- Use a teaspoon to drizzle some melted chocolate into a chocolate mold (or can use mini paper or silicone cupcake/muffin cases if you prefer) and spread to coat evenly. Don’t use all your chocolate, remember you want to save about 1/4 of it to spread on top once our chocolate cups are filled.
- Place your chocolate cups in the fridge or freezer to set.
- Now onto the strawberry coconut butter filling;
- Place your coconut flakes into your food processor or blender and process until relatively smooth (it will still look slightly coarse and have a little texture to it, that’s totally fine.)
- Add coconut oil and vanilla process to combine.
- Add your freeze dried strawberries (save a Tablespoon to crumble over the tops as garnish) and process until well combined.
- Now, depending on how smooth you want your strawberry coconut butter to be will depend on how long you blend it for. The longer you blend the smoother your coconut butter will be. Keep in mind that it will firm up and solidify once they cool and set.
- You may want to add a little extra coconut oil for a smoother/thinner coconut butter, Mine wasn’t completely smooth and I really enjoyed it with a little bit of texture but feel free to make it to your liking.
- Now, take your chocolate cups out of the fridge or freezer (they should be nice and set by now), fill each chocolate cup with a heaping spoonful of your strawberry coconut butter, then use the back of your spoon carefully smooth out the top and firmly but gently press the filling down into the chocolate cups.
- Once all your cups are filled with their pretty pink strawberry coconut butter, top with a little extra chocolate, sprinkle over some freeze dried strawberry crumbles and place them back into the fridge (or freezer) to set.
- These delicious little cups will keep well in the fridge for several weeks but can also be stored in the freezer for 3-6 months!
- Enjoy xo
You could always use pre-made coconut butter in place of the coconut flakes if you prefer
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week