Healthier Chocolate Frosting
This healthy chocolate frosting comes together in minutes using standard ingredients and your food processor!
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Avocado, ~.5lb, skin and pit discarded
- 0.5 cup 0.5 cup 0.5 cup Dark Chocolate Chips, melted
- 1 pinch 1 pinch 1 pinch Salt
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- In the bowl of a food processor fitted with the "s" blade, pulse the fruit of the avocado a few times to chop.
- Add the chocolate chips and puree until smooth.
- Taste and add a pinch of salt if the flavor is too flat.
- Use immediately.
If you want to round out the flavor a bit more, you can add 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract and 1-2 Tablespoons cocoa powder to the food processor when you add the melted chocolate chips. It's best to make this immediately before you need to use it, but if you must make it in advance, store it in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 24 hours. Allow to warm to room temperature, and stir vigorously, before using. Yield: 1 1/4 - 1 1/2 cups frosting, assuming you are using a large avocado.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
About This RecipeCoconut Free Egg Free Frostings & Toppings Nightshade Free Nut Free Pescetarian Shellfish Free
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week
There are no reviews yet.