Harissa Spiced Sweet Potatoes
I like my spicy with a bit of sweet. Naturally, sweet potatoes & cinnamon were a perfect match.
- approximately five cupsapproximately five cups
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Organic Coconut Oil
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Harissa Paste, I use Mina brand
- one 1 tbsp for the potatoes, 1 tbsp for the toppingone 1 tbsp for the potatoes, 1 tbsp for the topping
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp ground Cinnamon
- .5 tsp .5 tsp .5 tsp Cardamom Seed
- .5 tsp .5 tsp .5 tsp Salt
- .5 cup .5 cup .5 cup raw Pistachios, chopped
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Place cubed sweet potatoes on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- In a small dish combine melted oil, harissa, 1 Tablespoon honey, cinnamon, cardamon & salt.
- Pour sauce over the sweet potatoes & use a spatula or your hands to make sure all the pieces are well coated.
- Place in the oven & cook for 30 minutes. Remove & stir sweet potatoes. Cook for another 15 minutes until they are browned & soft.
- Remove from the oven & top with the other 1 Tablespoon honey & chopped pistachios. Stir until the honey & nuts are well combined.
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week