Halibut Ceviche with Avocado Aioli
This Halibut salad is the epitome of summer. Fresh, wild caught fish prepared on the grill and simple yet bold seasonal flavors. This dish is both light and filling and can easily be doubled or tripled to serve a summer dinner party. Buy and prepare some extra fish, aioli and pico de gallo and use the leftovers for taco night!
- 1 lb 1 lb 1 lb Halibut Filet, skin removed
- 10 - 8 oz 10 - 8 oz 10 - 8 oz Lettuce, Spring Mix Salad Greens
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Red Cabbage, shredded
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Olive Oil, Extra Virgin
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Primal Palate Adobo Seasoning
- 2 cup 2 cup 2 cup Tomato, chopped
- 0.333 cup 0.333 cup 0.333 cup Red Onion, chopped
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Cilantro
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Lime Juice
- 0.25 cup 0.25 cup 0.25 cup Mayonnaise (click for recipe)
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Avocado, chopped
- 0.5 cup 0.5 cup 0.5 cup Coconut Milk
- 3 cloves 3 cloves 3 cloves Garlic, smashed
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Sea Salt
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Black Pepper
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Allow halibut to come to room temperature.
- Prepare Pico De Gallo by mixing together tomato, red onion, 1/2 cup cilantro, 1 tbsp lime juice and salt and pepper, to taste. Set aside.
- Prepare Avocado Aioli by mixing mayo, avocado, coconut milk, 2 tbsp cilantro, garlic, 1 tbsp lime juice and salt and pepper, to taste. Set aside.
- Once fish is at room temperature at the salad toppings have been made, coat the fish in the olive oil and sprinkle Primal Palate Adobo Seasoning on both side of the fish.
- Heat your grill on high.
- Place halibut on pre-heated grill and leave the grill open to cook the first side of the fish until lightly browned.
- If it sticks, it's not ready!
- Flip and cook the other side for about 6 minutes or until flaky and moist, still with the grill top open.
- While the fish is cooking, prepare two bowls and add lettuce mix and Pico De Gallo.
- Place the cooked fish on top of the lettuce and dress with Avocado Aioli.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week