Grilled Split Chicken Breasts
Lemon and garlic are classic flavors often paired with chicken. For this dish, the lemon and garlic, along with the shallot, infuse the chicken under the skin, resulting in wonderful flavor, all tucked under crispy grilled skin.
- 1 1 1 Lemon, thinly sliced
- 1 1 1 Shallot, thinly sliced
- 2 lb 2 lb 2 lb Chicken Breast, 2 split breasts, bone in and skin on
- 3 cloves 3 cloves 3 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Salt, (and a bit of pepper, if not following AIP)
- Preheat grill to high heat.
- Rinse chicken under cold water and set aside.
- Pat dry with a paper towel.
- Carefully lift the skin from the breast creating a pocket.
- Place the garlic, lemon, and shallot under the skin, and stretch the skin a bit to cover the stuffing.
- Sprinkle the chicken with salt and pepper. Place chicken breasts on grill, bone side down and cook for 10–15 minutes, depending on the thickness of the breasts.
- Carefully flip the chicken, grill for 5–7 minutes on breast side.
- If the chicken needs to cook longer than this time, flip it back to the bone side, reduce heat to medium-high, and cook until meat is white (or 165°F in the thickest part of the breast).
You can create this recipe using bone-in chicken thighs as well. Another option would be to roast a whole chicken and stuff it with fresh lemon, garlic, and shallot.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week