Grilled Iscas com Elas-Portuguese Marinated Pig Liver
Traditionally this dish is pan fried. Grilling over charcoal added another dimension of flavor.
- 16 oz 16 oz 16 oz Pork Liver, 1/4 inch slices
- 4 cloves 4 cloves 4 cloves Garlic, chopped
- 2 pieces 2 pieces 2 pieces Bay Leaf
- 0.66 cup 0.66 cup 0.66 cup Wine, White
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Vinegar, Cane
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Salt, to taste
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Peppercorns, black and white, ground, to taste
- 1 bunch 1 bunch 1 bunch Green Onion, chopped, for garnish
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Slice liver into 1/4 inch thick pieces.
- Combine all ingredients in zip top bag.
- Add liver to bag and marinate 24 hours.
- Slide liver onto skewers.
- Grill over hot coals 3-5 minutes per side.
- Cook to medium rare, should be slightly pink inside.
- Serve over greens or sliced potatoes.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week