Grapefruit & Thyme Glazed Root Vegetables
It may not have been on your Thanksgiving menu ever before, but it communicates a feeling of warmth anyways. The familiar smell of roasted garlic. The sweetness of carrots and beets enhanced by grapefruit. Fresh herbs that really drive that rustic-recipe feeling home.
- 2 whole 2 whole 2 whole Carrots
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Golden Beets
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Sweet Potato
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Grapefruit
- 1 clove 1 clove 1 clove Garlic
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Thyme, fresh
- 0.25 tsp 0.25 tsp 0.25 tsp Sea Salt
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Coconut Oil, Organic
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Heat coconut oil over medium to low heat in a medium-sized skillet. Mince garlic, and once the oil is hot, add it to the pan.
- Chop the vegetables (carrots, beets, and potatoes) into equally sized cubes, about 1/2 in by 1/2 inch. Toss them in the skillet.
- Cook slowly, stirring on occasion, as to cook the vegetables evenly. Once potatoes are cooked through, squeeze juice from the grapefruit over the vegetables (picking out any grapefruit seeds as you do). Continue to cook, stirring every so often, until the liquid is mostly evaporated and all of the vegetables are well coated. Add in the thyme leaves, and season with salt to taste.
- Serve warm, garnish with an extra spring of thyme.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
About This RecipeAutoimmune Protocol Dairy Free Egg Free Nightshade Free Nut Free Pescetarian Shellfish Free Side Dishes
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week
There are no reviews yet.