Grain Free Spaghetti Pie
Loaded with spaghetti squash, vegetables, tomato sauce and of course Italian sausage, this spaghetti pie will put a much needed change in spaghetti night.
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Baked Spaghetti Squash (click for recipe)
- 3 whole 3 whole 3 whole Eggs, Pastured
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Butter, Unsalted
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Onion, chopped
- 8 oz 8 oz 8 oz White Mushrooms, sliced
- 2 clove 2 clove 2 clove Garlic, minced
- 3 cup 3 cup 3 cup Spinach, chopped
- 1 lb 1 lb 1 lb Italian Sausage, Mild
- 2 cup 2 cup 2 cup Marinara Sauce
- 3/4 cup 3/4 cup 3/4 cup Parmesan Cheese, or mozzarella, optional
- Basil, fresh, for garnish
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat add the butter.
- Once hot, add the onion and mushroom. Cook until onion is translucent.
- Add garlic and cook until fragrant 1-2 minutes.
- Add in spinach and cook to wilt.
- Remove from pan and set aside.
- Add sausage to hot skillet. Cook until done and add to onion and mushroom mixture. Mix.
- After squash is complete, scoop out from shell and place in a bowl.
- Place in a bowl, add eggs and mix thoroughly.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and prepare pie pan with butter.
- Add spaghetti squash mixed with eggs to pie pan and press along edges and to the bottom.
- Top with the meat and mushroom mixture and then the marinara sauce.
- Bake 30-40 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Remove and let cool slightly. Garnish with basil and serve!
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
About This RecipeCoconut Free Nut Free Other Shellfish Free Sugar Free
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week
There are no reviews yet.