Grain Free Spaghetti Pie
Loaded with spaghetti squash, vegetables, tomato sauce and of course Italian sausage, this spaghetti pie will put a much needed change in spaghetti night.
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Baked Spaghetti Squash (click for recipe)
- 3 whole 3 whole 3 whole Pastured Eggs
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Unsalted Butter
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Onion, chopped
- 8 oz 8 oz 8 oz White Mushrooms, sliced
- 2 clove 2 clove 2 clove Garlic, minced
- 3 cup 3 cup 3 cup Spinach, chopped
- 1 lb 1 lb 1 lb Mild Italian Sausage
- 2 cup 2 cup 2 cup Marinara Sauce
- 3/4 cup 3/4 cup 3/4 cup Parmesan Cheese, or mozzarella, optional
- fresh Basil, for garnish
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat add the butter.
- Once hot, add the onion and mushroom. Cook until onion is translucent.
- Add garlic and cook until fragrant 1-2 minutes.
- Add in spinach and cook to wilt.
- Remove from pan and set aside.
- Add sausage to hot skillet. Cook until done and add to onion and mushroom mixture. Mix.
- After squash is complete, scoop out from shell and place in a bowl.
- Place in a bowl, add eggs and mix thoroughly.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and prepare pie pan with butter.
- Add spaghetti squash mixed with eggs to pie pan and press along edges and to the bottom.
- Top with the meat and mushroom mixture and then the marinara sauce.
- Bake 30-40 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Remove and let cool slightly. Garnish with basil and serve!
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week