Grain-Free Gingerbread Cookies
Everyone and their mother has a super chewy grain free gingersnap but for those of you who like your ginger more pillowy-soft and cakey than snappy, these gingerbread cookies for you. These soft and cakey gingerbread cookies bursting with caramel-y molasses flavor and warm wintery spices are not for the faint of heart!
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Blanched Almond Flour
- .25 cup .25 cup .25 cup Coconut Flour
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Tapioca Starch, (you can sub arrowroot powder 1 for 1, or omit and add 1 more Tbsp coconut flour)
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Coconut Sugar
- .5 tsp .5 tsp .5 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 pinch 1 pinch 1 pinch Salt
- 1.75 tsp 1.75 tsp 1.75 tsp ground Ginger
- 1.25 tsp 1.25 tsp 1.25 tsp ground Cinnamon
- .25 tsp .25 tsp .25 tsp ground Cloves, (rounded measurement)
- 2 whole 2 whole 2 whole Eggs, lightly beaten
- .25 tsp .25 tsp .25 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- .5 cup .5 cup .5 cup Molasses
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Unsalted Butter, melted and cooled slightly (or sub coconut oil or vegan butter)
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Cover a large baking pan with a nonstick pad or parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients (almond flour through cloves). Set aside.
- In a smaller bowl, whisk together the wet ingredients (eggs through butter or oil).
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and stir to thoroughly combine, scraping the sides and buttom to make sure all ingredients are incorporated. If your batter is too thin, set aside for 5 minutes to allove the coconut flour to absorb the liquid.
- Use a spoon or cookie scoop to make 1 Tablespoon balls of dough and place about 2 inches apart on the cookie sheet. Sprinkle tops with additional sweetener if desired.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes, and cool 5 minutes on cookie sheet before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week