Garlic Ginger Chicken
This dish will leaving you thinking you just enjoyed Chinese take-out, but is a much healthier alternative. Pair with stir-fry vegetables or cauliflower rice to complete the ensemble.
- 4 whole 4 whole 4 whole Chicken Leg Quarter
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Butter, Unsalted
- 5 cloves 5 cloves 5 cloves Garlic, smashed and minced
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Ginger Root, minced
- 1/4 cup 1/4 cup 1/4 cup Coconut Aminos
- 1/4 tsp 1/4 tsp 1/4 tsp Fish Sauce
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Salt
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Preheat the oven to bake at 425.
- In a small sauce pan, melt butter on low heat.
- Turn heat to medium and add the ginger, garlic, fish sauce, and coconut aminos to the butter.
- Allow mixture to come to a bubble, and allow to bubble while stirring for a minute or two, then remove from heat.
- Place chicken legs in an oven save baking dish.
- Pour sauce over each chicken leg.
- Sprinkle each leg with salt and pepper.
- Bake chicken at 425 for 45 minutes.
- Allow chicken to cool for 30-45 minutes and then enjoy.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
About This RecipeEgg Free GAPS Nightshade Free Nut Free Poultry Sugar Free
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week
I love this recipe I’ve made it 50+ for my family. The best chicken recipe ever.
This is a great chicken recipe!! Very easy to make, but amazing flavor! And the picky little one in the house loves it too — added bonus!! This will be added to our go-to dishes!!
Absolutely amazing! I had an orange lying around so I juiced it and added it to the sauce. Topped it with some sliced green onions and roasted a big pan of broccoli. That sauce is dangerously good. We drizzled it all over the broccoli; I swear I could eat 5lb of any vegetable with that sauce. All I had were drumsticks, but I cooked them the same time and they were so succulent. Succulent is the perfect word to describe this dish. Take this, PF Changs 🙂
This is the BEST chicken recipe ever!!!! I sometime use thighs and drumsticks cut. I love this chicken recipe and my family does to.
Is there a substitute for the coconut aminos?
Not really – that’s a fundamental part of the flavor. If you don’t have it or don’t want to use it, you’d be better off going with a different recipe, truthfully!
This recipe is soooo good! My family loves it! It is definitely a staple in our house. Thanks so much!!!
Show Nutritional Info
This is our estimate based on online research.
Fat: 31 g
Carbohydrates: 13 g
Protein: 17 g
Calculated per serving.
do you really need to let it set for 30-45 minutes before you eat it? To me it seems like it would be cold by then.
Very good, recipe it could use a little some thing though maybe a bit more garlic (I am a fan of garlic) maybe some red pepper flakes. My family isn’t big on ginger so cut that in half. We ate it out of the oven it was fine.
What is the best fish sauce to use, i have not used it before :0)
We use Red Boat fish sauce – it’s great!
Thank you Bill :0)
I love this recipe! I have made it many times at home. There are only two of us, so we use eight bone in, skin on chicken thighs and the leftovers become lunches. I have also made this twice now for our church work night for 40 people. They always come back for seconds. It’s crazy simple, not a lot of ingredients and taste amazing.
Do you have to use the fish sauce or can it be omitted since its such a small amount?
Yep, you can omit it if you don’t have any on hand. It just gives the recipe a hint of umami. It will be fine without it, though!
Made this for the first time last week, definitely a favorite!!! So easy and very tasty!
YES, we LOVE this recipe! Check out our Sweet and Sticky Wings recipe… it’s like the newer version of this dish. You’ll love it!