Fish Tacos with Smoky Slaw (recipe from Make It Paleo 2)
- 1/3 cup 1/3 cup 1/3 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Coconut Aminos
- 1/2 tsp 1/2 tsp 1/2 tsp Paprika
- 1/2 tsp 1/2 tsp 1/2 tsp dried Dill
- 1/2 tsp 1/2 tsp 1/2 tsp Onion Powder
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Orange Juice, fresh
- 1.5 lb 1.5 lb 1.5 lb Yellowfin Tuna, Steaks
- Paleo Tortillas (from Make It Paleo 2) (click for recipe)
- Smoky Slaw (from Make It Paleo 2) (click for recipe)
- Cilantro, for garnish
- Lime, wedges, for garnish
- In a mixing bowl, combine the marinade ingredients. Place the tuna steaks in a sealable container or zip-top plastic bag with the marinade, swirl to evenly coat the tuna, and refrigerate for 1–2 hours.
- Prepare the tortillas and slaw.
- Heat a heavy skillet over medium heat until hot. Lightly swirl a small amount of the cooking fat of your choice in the skillet. Sear the tuna on all sides, about 90 seconds per side.
- Slice the seared tuna. Bring the dish together by plating slices of tuna over a tortilla. Top with some slaw, cilantro leaves, and a squeeze of lime juice.
Since the center of the tuna will be undercooked, purchasing good-quality fish is very important.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week