Espresso Choc Chip Cookies
All natural, quick and easy, decadent, rich, subtly sweet, deliciously buttery, seriously chocolatey, choc chip studded, melt in the mouth cookies with a divine little hum of espresso!
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Egg
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 0.25 cup 0.25 cup 0.25 cup Coconut Oil, Organic, melted and cooled
- 0.25 cup 0.25 cup 0.25 cup Coconut Sugar
- 0.25 cup 0.25 cup 0.25 cup Coconut Flour
- 0.5 cup 0.5 cup 0.5 cup Almond Meal/Flour
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Cacao Powder, Raw
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Espresso Powder
- 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 pinch 1 pinch 1 pinch Salt
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Dark Chocolate Chips, roughly chopped - I roughly chopped 1 Tablespoon which I added directly to the dough and melted the remaining Tablespoon to drizzle over the top after baking – do what you feel 😉
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Preheat oven to 175’C (350’F)
- Line a baking sheet with baking/parchment paper and set aside.
- In a medium size bowl, whisk together your egg, coconut oil and vanilla until combined.
- Next add your almond, coconut flour, sugar, cacao, espresso, baking soda and salt stir until it comes together to form a dough.
- Add chocolate chips and stir to combine – note – I roughly chopped 1 Tablespoon which I added directly to the dough and melted the remaining Tablespoon to drizzle over the top after baking – do what you feel 🙂
- Scoop a small portion of cookie dough into your hands and form into your desired shape and size then place onto your prepared baking sheet.
- Repeat until all the mixture has been used.
- FYI – I used 1 heaping Tablespoon of cookie dough per cookie and was able to get 12 bite size beauties out of this mixture. Feel free to make them as big, small, thick or thin as you like just remember you may need to adjust the baking time slightly depending on the shape and size you choose
- Once you have all your cookies shaped bake for 6-8 minutes until the tops are slightly crisp.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool on the baking sheet for 5-10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- If you’re going to add the chocolate drizzle simply melt your remaining Tablespoon of dark chocolate chips by your preferred method and drizzle over the tops.
- Note – Cookies keep well when stored in an airtight container for up to 5 days (if they last that long 🙂 and can be frozen for up to 3 months.
- Enjoy xoxo
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week