Eggplant and spinach coconut curry
Roasted/burnt eggplant with spinach in a coconut curry, it’s one of the best recipes I’ve made so far using aubergine and spinach. The combination of these ingredients – eggplant, spinach, coconut milk and spices – is fabulous!
- 2 whole 2 whole 2 whole Eggplant, roasted, burnt
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Onion, chopped
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Ginger Root, grated
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Garlic, crushed
- 3 cups 3 cups 3 cups Spinach, chopped
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Green Chilies, chopped
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Coconut Milk
- 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Garam Masala
- 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp Salt
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Olive Oil, Extra Virgin
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Start by roasting the eggplants on an open flame or in the oven, until cooked/soft. Remove the aubergines and immerse them in a bowl of water to cool down.
- Peel the skin from the roasted and smoked eggplant and chop the eggplant finely or mash it.
- Heat some oil into a deep frying pan. Bring onion and cook until soft.
- Add ginger, garlic and chopped green chilli and stir fry for 2 minutes, on medium heat.
- Put all the powder spices and salt, stir fry for another minute.
- Now add coconut milk and bring it to boil. Reduce the flame and add spinach. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes, until the spinach gets soft.
- Lastly, add chopped/mashed eggplant, stir and let it simmer 5 minutes more.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
About This RecipeDairy Free Egg Free Nut Free Pescetarian Shellfish Free Side Dishes Sugar Free Whole30
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week
There are no reviews yet.