These egg custards are a fun way to spice up a family brunch. Enjoy this breakfast with a fresh grapefruit, or sauteed vegetables, or both!
- 4 4 4 Egg
- 5 pieces 5 pieces 5 pieces Bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup 1/2 cup 1/2 cup Coconut Milk, (full fat)
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup White Mushrooms
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Chives , chopped
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Salt and Pepper, to taste
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Fry bacon in a cast iron skillet on medium heat until crispy.
- Remove bacon from skillet and reserve excess bacon fat in a small glass dish.
- Sauté mushrooms in seasoned skillet until tender - about three minutes.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, whisk eggs and coconut milk until fluffy.
- Season eggs with salt and pepper.
- Crumble bacon and add to egg mixture.
- Add mushrooms and chives and stir until all are evenly combined.
- Pour egg mixture into four 6oz. ramekins.
- Place ramekins on a baking sheet, and bake for 30-40 minutes, or until eggs are set.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week
Buy a few extra ramikins and make a bunch, they are great warm and cold, can grab one in the morning heading out the door and even take another for a snak.
I also put some of Tastefully Simples Garlic Garlic in it for added flavor yum
1 of my favorate recipes
Very light and fluffy and delicious!
I’m a little confused on serving sizes for this. On the book it’s the same recipe and amount of ingredients but it says it serves two, while on here it says it serves 4. Which one is correct?
Sorry about that – it truly depends on how much you can eat! When the recipe first was published, we set the serving size to four as it fills four custards. However, that means each person is roughly eating one piece of bacon and one egg. Personally, I can eat two of those! If you want a serving suggestion, I would set it to feed two people. -Kara
Hmm, I poured the mixture into two 6 oz remekins and baked for 30 minutes which was too long. They came out beautiful looking, but too dry. 🙁
Could you use a cupcake pan for these?