Easy Jerk Chicken (Nightshade free)
A mild, nightshade-free version of the Caribbean favorite, cooking this delicious marinated chicken on cast-iron makes it taste like it's been cooked over charcoals!
- 4 whole 4 whole 4 whole boneless skinless Chicken Thigh
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Lime Juice
- 2 tsp 2 tsp 2 tsp fresh Thyme, leaves
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Sea Salt
- 2 whole 2 whole 2 whole Bay Leaf
- 0.75 tsp 0.75 tsp 0.75 tsp Maple Sugar
- 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp ground Allspice
- 2 cloves 2 cloves 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- 0.25 tsp 0.25 tsp 0.25 tsp ground Nutmeg
- 0.25 tsp 0.25 tsp 0.25 tsp ground Ginger
- 0.25 tsp 0.25 tsp 0.25 tsp Black Pepper, freshly ground
- 0.25 tsp 0.25 tsp 0.25 tsp ground Cinnamon
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Add all ingredients to a large ziplock bag. Massage the marinade well into the chicken. Put the bag in the refrigerator and let it sit for 2-24 hours.
- After marinating, remove the bag from the fridge, take out and discard the bay leaves, and let the chicken come near to room temperature.
- Heat a cast-iron grill pan over medium heat. You do not need to add oil to the grill pan. (If you don't have a grill pan, you can use a regular cast-iron pan or a stainless steel skillet. Heat 1 tbs olive oil in the pan.)
- Remove the chicken from the bag and add them to the grill pan, being careful not to crowd the pan. (I did mine in two batches.) Cook the chicken for 6-8 minutes on each side. Serve with cauliflower rice for a full paleo meal!
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week