Easy Gluten Free Chocolate Cake
A couple years ago when we put Arthur on GAPS, he couldn't tolerate coconut or almond flours so I went in search of some kind of cake I could make for his birthday. I knew, no matter what, it had to be flourless.
- plus extra for greasing panplus extra for greasing pan
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Maple Sugar, divided
- 6 whole 6 whole 6 whole Eggs, separated
- .25 tsp .25 tsp .25 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Oil a 9 inch spring form pan & line with parchment paper.
- Using a double boiler (or a glass bowl over a pot of water) stir together the coconut oil with the cacao powder over simmering water. Remove the double boiler from heat but allow the chocolate to stay semi warm. Once the coconut oil returns to room temperature it can solidify & you need it to stay liquid (but not hot!).
- In a large bowl, using a hand mixer, whisk egg yolks, salt & ½ cup maple sugar 2-3 minutes until thick & pale.
- In another bowl with clean beaters or a stand mixer, beat egg whites on medium speed, until they are foamy. Then, slowly add the other ½ cup of maple sugar from the edge of the bowl into the egg whites. Beat until you have soft peaks.
- Now you’ll combine the warm (but not hot!) chocolate with the vanilla & egg yolks.
- Use a spatula to mix until the chocolate is well combined.
- Next, fold the egg whites, divided into thirds, into the chocolate mixture. Gently fold until well combined.
- Pour batter into your prepared spring form pan & bake 40-45 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean!
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week