Easy Chicken Tikka Masala
This is an easy recipe for Chicken Tikka Masala that eliminates the step of marinating the chicken, so you have a meal that comes together quickly, but has all of the wonderful flavors, warmth, and comfort of classic Chicken Tikka Masala.
- 8 whole 8 whole 8 whole boneless skinless Chicken Thigh, cubed
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Ghee (Clarified Butter)
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Onion, diced
- 1/4 tsp 1/4 tsp 1/4 tsp Sea Salt
- 1/4 tsp 1/4 tsp 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
- 4 cups 4 cups 4 cups Cauliflower Rice (click for recipe), sauteed
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Ginger Root, minced
- 2 cloves 2 cloves 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- 11 fl oz 11 fl oz 11 fl oz Coconut Milk
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Garam Masala
- 1/2 tsp 1/2 tsp 1/2 tsp Red Pepper Flakes
- 28 oz 28 oz 28 oz Diced Tomatoes
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Cilantro, chopped
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Heat half of a tablespoon of ghee in a small soup pot over medium heat.
- Add the cubed chicken, and sear on all sides. Season with salt and pepper, and then remove from the pot.
- Add the diced onion to the pot, along with the minced ginger and garlic, and saute until the onion starts to become translucent.
- Add the coconut milk, along with the Garam Masala, and crushed red pepper, and stir to combine.
- Add the diced tomatoes, and stir to evenly combine.
- Add the chicken back into the pot, and stir in one tablespoon of ghee.
- Allow the Tikka Masala to come to a bubble, and then turn down to simmer, and place a lid on the pot, but do not seal the top so that steam can escape.
- Cook the Tikka Masala for about 2 hours, stirring from time to time.
- Before Serving, saute your riced cauliflower in the remaining 1/2 tablespoon of ghee.
- Season with salt and pepper if desired.
- Serve the Tikka Masala over your riced cauliflower, and garnish with chopped cilantro.
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week