Double Chocolate Tart with Strawberries
Don't let the "time needed" to make this recipe deceive you, it's really quite simple, and just needs some hours to chill and set up. If you like crushed cookie crusts and almost-fudge-like chocolate pudding, then you're going to just love this recipe!
- 1/2 cup 1/2 cup 1/2 cup Palm Oil Shortening, Organic [*Spectrum Brand, sustainably sourced]
- 10 oz 10 oz 10 oz Semisweet Chocolate Chips, Enjoy LIfe brand
- 28 oz 28 oz 28 oz Coconut Cream, two cans of coconut milk, discard the water
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Pour the chocolate chips into a medium sized glass mixing bowl, and set aside.
- Open two cans of coconut milk from the bottom, and pour out the water that has separated from the cream. Scoop out the cream into a small saucepan, and set aside while you make the crust.
- Break 10 cookies into a smaller pieces, and place them in a food processor. Pulse the cookies in the food processor until they are finely ground.
- Add the palm shortening to the food processor, and blend until combined.
- Pour the crust ingredients into an 8 inch tart pan, and gently press the crust into the sides in an even layer. Place the crust in the freezer for 45 minutes.
- Turn your burner onto medium heat, and heat the coconut cream until scalding. Steam rising from the liquid, but not boiling.
- Pour the hot cream over the chocolate, and stir until smooth.
- Allow the chocolate filling to cool, and then place in the fridge to set up for 10-20 minutes, or allow to sit at room temperature for about an hour until it thickens, stirring every so often.
- Remove the crust from the freezer, and pour the filling into the tart pan. Pour any remaining filling into extra dishes to enjoy on it's own.
- Garnish with fresh berries, and place in the fridge for up to 2 hours, or until serving. Garnish with chopped nuts or toasted coconut before serving.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
About This RecipeEgg Free Nightshade Free Other Pescetarian Shellfish Free
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week
How many mini tarts will this recipe make?