Double Chocolate Banana Bread
All natural, secretly healthy, super cute, subtly sweet, decadent, rich, dark and delicious melt in the mouth, mini loaves of insanely delicious double chocolate banana bread
- 3 whole 3 whole 3 whole Banana, 2 over-ripe for the bread, 1 for serving
- 3 whole 3 whole 3 whole Eggs
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Maple Syrup, Pure
- 4 Tbsp 4 Tbsp 4 Tbsp Water
- 0.333 cup 0.333 cup 0.333 cup Coconut Oil, Organic, melted and cooled
- 4 Tbsp 4 Tbsp 4 Tbsp Almond Meal/Flour
- 4 Tbsp 4 Tbsp 4 Tbsp Coconut Flour
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Cacao Powder, Raw
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Espresso Powder, optional but recommended
- 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp Cinnamon, ground
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 pinch 1 pinch 1 pinch Salt
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Dark Chocolate Chips, roughly chopped + extra for serving
- 4 Tbsp 4 Tbsp 4 Tbsp Almond Butter, per slice, optional for serving
- 4 whole 4 whole 4 whole Strawberries, sliced, optional for serving
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Preheat your oven to 160C (320F) : line your mini loaf pans with baking/parchment paper and set aside. FYI - Mine were approx 6 x 13 inches each
- Place your mashed bananas into a large bowl and add your eggs, coconut oil, vanilla, water and maple syrup and whisk until well combined.
- Add your almond meal, coconut flour, cacao, espresso, cinnamon, baking soda and salt and stir to combine.
- Add your chocolate chips and stir until just combined.
- Spoon your batter evenly between your prepared loaf pans and use the back of a spoon to smooth down the tops.
- Bake for 10 minutes and then cover with foil and bake for a further 15-20 mins. until the tops spring back when lightly pressed and a skewer or toothpick has just a few moist crumbs attached then inserted into the centre. If your banana bread is browning more than you'd like but is not quite cooked just pop the foil back on to prevent those precious tops from burning 😉
- Once cooked, removed from the oven and allow to cool in the loaf pans for 10 mins before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- To serve, slice and top with a generous dollop of almond butter, then carefully place on your strawberry and banana slices and finish with a cheeky sprinkling of finely chopped dark chocolate then sit back and savour the magical deliciousness you just created.
If baking as one standard size loaf you will be looking at approx 45-60 mins bake time total.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week