Dirty Cauliflower Rice
This Paleo version of dirty cauliflower rice is spicy, rich, filling and incredibly tasty. While most rice is usually relegated to the side of the plate as an afterthought, this rice is daring enough to be the main event. You can serve it in a bowl all by itself and no one will be complaining about having “only” a side dish for dinner. Instead, everyone will be busy devouring their bowl, gulping some water to ward off the heat from the jalapeno and quickly heading back to the stove to fill up on seconds.
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Cauliflower, "Riced"
- 1 lb 1 lb 1 lb Italian Sausage, Hot
- .25 whole .25 whole .25 whole Onion, Diced
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Crimini Mushrooms, Diced
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Garlic, Paste or minced
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Bell Pepper, Diced
- 3 cups 3 cups 3 cups Kale
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Sage
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Salt, To taste
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Black Pepper, To taste
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Cilantro, Chopped
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- "Rice" your cauliflower using a food processer with either the normal blade or shredding attachment to get the consistency you prefer. If doing this by hand you can use a grater.
- Chop up your onion, mushrooms and bell pepper to have them ready.
- Heat a large pan over medium heat. Once hot, add in the sausage.
- Cook the sausage until browned and then remove it from the pan and set aside.
- Add in the onions to the same pan, cook a few minutes until the onions become translucent. Be sure to scrape up the sausage bits from the bottom of the pan.
- Add the mushrooms and garlic. Cook for a few minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the cauliflower, sausage, kale and pepper. Season liberally with salt and pepper and 1 tsp sage. Allow everything to heat up and cook, stirring occasionally for about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and toss with cilantro. Garnish with the jalapeño.
- Serve and enjoy!
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week