Deliciously Ugly Lemon Berry Muffins
Look beyond the humble, rustic exterior and make these delicious ugly lemon-berry muffins because, one taste and I know you will see the beauty shining from within. All natural, quick and easy, elegant and light, subtly sweet, deliciously tender, lemon scented, melt in the mouth muffins that are bursting with juicy berries
- 3 whole 3 whole 3 whole Eggs
- 2 whole 2 whole 2 whole Banana, preferably over-ripe
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Maple Syrup, Pure
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Coconut Oil, Organic, Melted and cooled
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Water, Lukewarm
- 0.25 cup 0.25 cup 0.25 cup Coconut Flour
- 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp Cinnamon, ground
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 pinch 1 pinch 1 pinch Salt
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Lemon zest
- 0.25 cup 0.25 cup 0.25 cup Blueberries, If using frozen, do not thaw *
- 0.25 cup 0.25 cup 0.25 cup Raspberries, Organic, if using frozen, do ot thaw *
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Preheat oven to 175’C (350’F) – Line a muffin tray with paper cases and set aside.
- Place eggs, banana, vanilla, maple syrup, coconut oil and water into your food processor or blender and process until well combined. Note – if using lemon extract in place of lemon zest add that now too
- Add your coconut flour, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and salt and process again until well combine.
- Add your lemon zest and berries then stir to combine.
- Spoon the batter into your prepared muffin tray and bake for 10-12 minutes. When they are ready the tops will be deliciously golden and should be firm to the touch yet spring back a little when lightly pressed, a tooth pick should come out clean or have just a few crumbs attached when inserted into the center.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes in the muffin tray, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely – That is if you can resist inhaling the entire batch as you transfer each delicious little muffin from muffin tray to cooling rack that is. Note – this will be an extremely difficult task. You have been warned.
- FYI – these muffins will keep well in the freezer for up to 3 months
- Enjoy xoxo
* Could sub 1/2 cup of your favorite berries
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
About This RecipeCupcakes & Muffins Dairy Free Nut Free Pescetarian Shellfish Free
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week
There are no reviews yet.